- I was in high school in Queens, NYC when we heard what happened. Immediate shock and disbelief consumed the entire school.
- I remember speaking to my mother - she had such a calming spirit even in this situation.
- We were not able to reach my father who drove the NYC subway into Manhattan at that time. We finally heard from my father later that evening - he was unable to leave the city and ended up sleeping in a mattress store in Manhattan.
- My brother was away at school.
- I remember the think black smoke that filled the skies. You could see it for miles.
- I remember the way NYC smelled - it was disturbing.
I remember the daily news newspaper the next day with an image of just a hand on it. Such a tragic image but it is what happened that day. So many people lost their lives unnecessarily. RIP to all those who lost their lives that day. You will forever be in our hearts and minds.
Watch this video if you have unanswered questions...