With the holidays approaching, I can't seem to figure out how couples spend the holidays. There was never any question I was in NYC with my fam. Enjoying being with my mom, dad and brother. My parents moved to Charlotte, which is where we were the next year. Same fam, increased loved, more food, new house, same people. Then I met my love and his fam is in Philly. We spent the first year apart with our respective families but you know how hard it is to be away from those you love during the holidays. We vowed it would be different soon. The next year my mother was sick in the hospital. We had Thanksgiving in the waiting room, the boo and I were with our respective families and we had Christmas surrounded by her bed. My boo came with me to the hospital for Christmas. It was difficult because before our very eyes our lives were changing. I am so grateful he was there with me. Last year was the first without my mother and it was understandably difficult but we spent it with our respective families. It was important for my dad, brother and I were there for each other. Well here we are again at another holiday season and the question is raised again. Where will we spend the holidays? We want to be together but we also want to be with our families. What should we do? Where should we go?
There it is my 5 mins of writing...Here are the rules and visit www.allthingsfadra.com for more info
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.